5 November, 2022
Snapshot 21W44A has been added to the Java version of Minecraft. Today's Minecraft update brings Snapshot 21W44A. We have the patch notes right here!
The Minecraft Java Edition is now available on Game Pass for PC. Part two of the Caves & Cliffs update is in progress. Additionally, the Minecraft Snapshot 21W44A Update is now available. This update brings a variety of fixes and changes to the game, from smaller ones to more significant ones.
Here's everything you need to know about the latest update. It will be the smaller one, before the bigger one, which will land in a few weeks. Also, what fixes have been made.
For the complete update on what's new, visit Minecraft.net. Here are the key takeaways from Minecraft Snapshot 21W44A.
- When upgrading a world to a new height, new generation is now being incorporated under existing chunks
- A new Online Options screen has been added. This screen allows you to find Realms Notifications and Difficulty while on a server.
- You can now choose to have your name removed from server listings by clicking the “Allow Server Listings” option
- If it is raining, sleeping now resets the weather cycle.
- Simulation distance can now affect fluids and blocks. You might want to verify that your Redstone contraptions behave the same.
- Optimized entity collisions
- Servers can now set property hide online-players true to prevent players from being sent on status requests.
- JFR profiling can be started from an external source. The JFR events for network packets will now be aggregated, instead of being one per packet.
- MC-63340: Sleeping resets the time until it rains.
- MC-170551 – Foxes cannot spawn on coarse dirt or podzol
- MC-200494 – Torches in mineshafts can be attached to other blocks than the wooden supports.
- MC-216432: Mineshafts can generate light, but not with torches
- MC-216561 – Torches are not spawning under y=0 in abandoned mineshafts
- MC-217038 – Large dripstone structures can also be made outside of caves
- MC-236701: New mountain biomes are not counted towards advancement in “Adventuring Time”.
- MC-236938 – /jfr stop output doesn't have a link
- MC-237986: Mobs that are specific to structures don't spawn in their structures
- MC-238062 – Foxes and Wolves don't spawn in Groves
- MC-238761 – Adventuring Time doesn't account for new cave biomes
- MC-238877 – Deep Ocean & Ocean are not required for “Adventure Time” advancement
- MC-238900: Values of “Infinity” in default worldgen noise settings
- MC-238912 – Powder snow strips cannot be exposed to the surface
- MC-238962 – Icebergs reach the ocean floor.
- MC-238966 – Old Growth Spruce Taiga, Old Growth Birch Forest and Old Growth Birch Forest don't belong to the “Adventuring Time” advancement
- MC-238968 – Windswept Gravelly Hills & Windswept Savanna don't belong to the “Adventuring Time” advancement
- MC-239280: Withers don't move down to follow the player if the wither is at half health.
- MC-239344: All mine shaft torches are facing the wrong direction
- MC-239359 – Wither Skeletons cannot spawn on Nether Bricks
- MC-239689: The “amplified” boolean in noise settings does not do anything
- MC-239854 – Nether and Caves World is missing bedrock
- MC-239858: Nether decorations can be created on the original bedrock layer
- MC-239866: Terrain shaper in noise_settings.
We will be playing the game as soon and as often as possible. If there are any changes in the block-filled world, we will let you know. Let's hope the update to 1.18 Caves and Cliffs Part 2 is soon – they said it would be available in the “final few week of 2021”, and there's still time!